- Name: Ivan Agapovich Podkosov
- Rank: Guards Lieutenant
- Position: Commander of the "Papanin" tank, 80th Guards Idritsa Order of the Red Banner Order of Suvorov 3rd class Heavy Tank Regiment
is nominated for the Order of the Red Star.
- Year of Birth: 1920
- Party affiliation: none
- Participation in the civil war and subsequent actions to defend the USSR and in the Patriotic War: Patriotic War: Central Front, 1st Belorussian Front, 2nd Belorussian Front.
- Wounds in the Patriotic War: light wound, light contusion.
- In the Red Army since: 1931
- Recruited by: Glyadinsk recruitment office, Chelyabinsk Oblast
- Prior awards: Order of the Red Star
Brief and specific description of heroism and achievements: Guards Lieutenant I.A. Podkosov, commander of the Papanin tank, fought in this tank since the Battle of Kursk. He took part in defending the foodhold on the western side of the Vistula river and in the subsequent offensive.
During the fighting at Danzig on the Oder he proved himself a brave and courageous warrior. His crew destroyed 3 guns, 2 machine gun nests, and up to a company of fascists in these battles.
Thanks to good care, the "Papanin" tank travelled for about 4000 km and finished the war on the shores of the Baltic Sea. The tank is presently in full battle readiness.
Comrade Podkosov is worthy of the Order of the Red Star.
Chief of Staff of the Armoured and Mechanized Forces of the 65th Army, Major Gorelik
May 12th, 1945"