1st Department of Land Artillery, GAU
December 14th, 1940
To the Chief of the Red Army GABTU, Lieutenant General of the Tank Forces, comrade Fedorenko
The Red Army Main Artillery Directorate ordered the following types of armament at the Kirov factory for 1941:
- 152 mm Br-2 gun on a self propelled chassis.
- Experimental prototype due on April 1st.
- Production batch of 12 due on October 1st.
- 130 mm B-13 gun on a self propelled chassis.
- Experimental prototype due on May 1st.
- Production batch of 12 due on November 1st.
The GAU will sign a contract for the armament and its installation in an SPG. I ask you to order the GABTU to sign a contract with the Kirov factory to produce 2 experimental and 24 production vehicles for installation of B-13 and Br-2 guns in the specified timeframe.
Deputy Chief of the GAU, Major General Savchenko."