"Reminder to tank destroyer battery commanders
- Check your sight lines every day.
- Dial in on landmarks, especially on on off-road terrain.
- Have each gunner personally measure the range to landmarks in paces.
- Set up false guns 50-80 meters away or flanking real guns.
- Organize nighttime lighting (with flares) of a 500-800 meter long zone in front of the guns if enemy tanks appear.
- Conduct practice battles with your gunners and gun commanders.
- If you have time and the conditions are right, conduct subcaliber practice shoots against moving targets both at daytime and nighttime.
- If there are few enemy tanks, do not open fire with the entire battery. Remember the ratio: 1 gun per 3 tanks.
- Try to hit the tanks in the side, fire until it burns.
- Immediately issue bonuses for knocked out tanks.
- Nominate exceptional troops for government awards.
Commander of the 8th Independent Guards Anti-Tank Artillery Brigade, Guards Lieutenant Colonel Chevola"