"February 5th, 1945
Evaluation of tank armament
In 1944 the Germans accepted the Tiger B tank into service, which is now the main type of enemy heavy tank.
The Tiger B tank has powerful front armour and the 88 mm KWK-43 gun. The AP round of this gun has a muzzle velocity of 1000 m/s with an aimed rate of fire of about 6 RPM.
The second type of main German tank is the Panther medium tank. This tank has a 75 mm gun with a muzzle velocity of 1000 m/s and rate of fire of 7-8 RPM.
The AP shells of these tanks can penetrate our tanks from 1500-2000 meters.
- Develop and introduce T-44 tanks with the 100 mm D-10T gun. The due date should be established as February 15th, 1945.
- Set up production of T-44 tanks with 100 mm guns at factory #112 with the goal of transitioning fully to T-44 tanks by June 1st, 1945.
- Set up SU-100 production at factory #174 with the goal of transitioning entirely to SU-100 production by March 1945.
- Inform the NKV and GAU that all tanks and SPGs with the 100 mm gun must have the TSh-19 sight.
- To improve the rate of fire, expedite development of an automatic loader for the D-25 gun with the aim of installing it on all IS tanks and ISU-122S SPGs by April 1st of this year.
- Inform the NKV and GAU of the need to improve quality of 85 mm ammunition so that it can penetrate the side of German heavy tanks from 2000 meters.
- Instruct the NKV and GAU to develop a high caliber machine gun for heavy tanks instead of the coaxial DT machine gun.
- Instruct the NKV and GAU to install belt-fed GVG machine guns in T-34 tanks instead of DT machine guns.
- Instruct the NKV and GAU to expedite development of an 85 mm gun for light SPGs to replace the 76 mm ZIS-3 gun.
Raise the issue of producing the SU-85 at factory #40 in sync with deliveries of these 85 mm guns with the NKSM.
- Raise the issue of producing at least 50 SU-37 SPAAGs at factory #40 monthly depending on the results of trials with the NKSM.
- Raise the issue of expediting the development and production of the 122 mm D-30 gun for installation into tanks and SPGs starting with July of 1945.
CAMD RF F.38 Op.11355 D.2732 L.4,5-7