"Order of the People's Commissar of Defense #0357
On introducing monetary rewards for evacuation of tanks from the front line and establishing the conditions of rewards for repairing combat or auxiliary vehicles at repair bases
May 7th, 1942
In carrying out of the decree of the State Committee of Defense #1689ss issued on May 3rd, 1942
- Starting with May 1st, 1942, establish monetary rewards for tank crews and recovery groups for each tank evacuated from enemy territory or no man's land in the following amounts:
- For a KV tank: 5000 rubles
- For a T-34 tank: 2000 rubles
- For a T-60/70 tank: 500 rublesFor evacuation of other types of tanks, the reward is as follows:
- For a heavy tank: 5000 rubles
- For a medium tank: 2000 rubles
- For a light tank: 500 rublesImmediately issue the reward to the crew or recovery group on the unit commander's orders. The expense is charged to section 22 page 88 of the NKO cost sheet.
- Establish monetary rewards for recovery groups for evacuation of tanks that require repairs to Army or Front level repair bases in the following amounts:
- For evacuation of at least 10 heavy and medium or 50 light tanks within 10 days: 2000 rubles
- For evacuation of at least 15 heavy and medium or 75 light tanks within 10 days: 3000 rubles
- For evacuation of at least 20 heavy and medium or 100 light tanks within 10 days: 5000 rublesThe reward is to be issued by the deputy commander of the Front or Army Motorized and Armoured Forces and charged to section 22 page 88 of the NKO cost sheet.
- Introduce the "Decree on monetary reward (bonus) of workers of Armoured and Motorized Vehicle Repair Bases for overfulfilling the objectives for the benefit of the Front" on May 1st, 1942.
Deputy People's Commissar of Defense, Lieutenant-General of the Tank Forces, Fedorenko"