- Name: Kalashnikov, Mikhail Timofeevich
- Rank: none
- Position: Veteran of the Patriotic Waris nominated for the Order of the Red Star.
- Year of birth: 1919
- Nationality: Russian
- Party affiliation: none
- Participation in the Civil War and subsequent actions in defense of the USSR (where, when): Bryansk Front from June to November of 1941
- Wounds or contusions in the Patriotic War: wounded in action
- In the Red Army since: 1939
- Previous awards: none
Brief and specific description of personal heroism or achievements:
The nominee is a participant in the Patriotic War. He proposed the following inventions: a submachinegun and a machinegun. Their originality made a valuable contribution to the field of small arms design.
On the orders of the GAU, the nominee solved a series of problems during the modernization of the Goryunov machinegun and designed his own carbine for the intermediate round.
The nominee earned the state award of the Order of the Red Star through his participation in the Patriotic War and resilient labour in the design of weapons.
Deputy Chair of the GAU Artillery Committee, Lieutenant General of the Engineering-Artillery Service, Berkalov
Chief of the Artillery Committee Department of Inventions, Engineer Lieutenant-Colonel Popkov
[illegible] October 1945."