"Attachment to order #113-Mss
Approved by GKO decree #1148ss issued on January 14th, 1942
Requirements for quality assurance at tank factories
- Quality assurance is performed by the military representative of the GABTU.
- A tank can be considered accepted after firing the cannon and machineguns, test drive, correction of discovered defects and complete installation of equipment.
- The quality assurance process consists of:
- A 5 km drive for every T-34 and KV tank and 10 km drive for every tenth T-60 tank, chosen by the military representative.
- Firing the cannon on every tenth T-34 and KV tank and on every T-60 tank. Coaxial machineguns are fired on every tank.
In addition, the military representative can control the quality of individual components and assemblies, as well as the quality of assembly of the tank.
- The military representative is permitted to accept tanks without clocks, voltmeters, ammeters (replaced with an indicator light), speedometers, aerothermometers (except one), turret fans (in winter time), turret traverse motors for the T-34, intercom (replaced with signal lights), spare containers, and radios in the event that there is a temporary absence of these parts at the tank factory."
RGAE 8752-4-8 p.169