I hinted at a big announcement in my annual status update a few days ago, and now it's official. I'm proud to announce that I'm writing another book, this time dedicated to the service of American M4 tanks in the Red Army.
Like my first book, it will feature cover art by Piotr Forkasiewicz and colour plates by Thierry Vallet, as well as archive photos and modern photos of Sherman tanks preserved in museums. The contents of the book will include:
- A brief history of the development of the M4A2 tank.
- A brief service history of the M4A2 in the British army.
- Trials of tanks in the USSR:
- Medium Tank M4A2
- Medium Tank M4A2(76)W
- Medium Tank M4A2(76)W HVSS
- Medium Tank M4A4
- Combat history of the M4A2 variants in the Red Army from the summer of 1943 to the fall of 1945, including:
- The Battle of Kursk
- Operation Bagration
- The Soviet-Japanese war or "August Storm"
The book is available for preorder now on Amazon.